What can we say about this week? Let me start with the negative: Well, since we built the bed, Michael has slept horribly. He would accidentally bump his head on the wall throughout the night, and then cried until he was comforted. Blah! We have since fixed the problem and last night was the first night we all slept gloriously!
Now with the positive: My friend Jorelle came into town with daughters Ava and Brynn, and we got to spend time with them! She stayed here for a couple of days and then headed down to Sumner and stayed with other friends. I got to attend a baby shower and bridal shower down there--quite the Sumner reunion indeed! (I need pictures!) It's crazy to think that it has been 2 years since we have moved away. I remember having a really hard time breaking away from that small town, but now I really enjoy living in W. Seattle. Time changes things I suppose.
Below, Jorelle introduced us to the Crab Pot. We ordered a pot of shrimp, crab, muscles, clams, sausage, corn and potatoes. Dan and I didn't eat the muscles and only ate one or two clams. Poor Jorelle-- in her guilt to not waste, she ate A LOT of muscles and clams, and ended up with a tummy ache. :)
And Saturday: the whole family bussed downtown to attend the Northwest Folklife festival. Though there were endless ethnic food booths, a
Scrooge in our family packed PB&J Sandwiches... Other than that, we enjoyed walking around, listening to various music groups, playing in a kid area, looking at the fun things people were selling, and SMELLING mouth-watering aromas. :) (Oh! And we got some free sunglasses!)
We ended the day meeting up with friends on Alki beach and having a bbq/smores fest. Elena tested the
cold (
51.1 °F) waters, which she eventually "got used to" and enjoyed! Someone brought an inflatable kayak, so Scrooge and Elena tested it offshore:
We are hoping to complete Memorial Day weekend with a hike tomorrow, but it's forecasted for RAAAAAIIIIINNNNN! So, we'll see.