Plums
For the past few weeks, we've been getting fresh Italian plums! The branches hang over onto our yard from the neighbor's tree. They are delicious, but we can only eat so much. Last year we just let them drop and rot, but this year we decided to pluck them and give them away. And plum tart. We made a lot of plum tart. A LOT!
Posers
Presents
Last week Dan turned 32! Out of all the years we've been together, this is the first year I made his favorite bday cake--chocolate cake with 7-minute mint frosting. What is wrong with me?!?! I don't think I realized how "favorite" that cake was until I saw it in past birthday photos. His mom must have made it for him every year! Needless to say, I've got a lot to work on. :) Dan received a jar of peanut-butter m&ms mixed with little strips of words, his positive character traits. One of his love languages is 'words of affirmation', so I thought that would make him feel good. It better! :) Dan is nurturing, loyal, a problem solver, trustworthy, patient.... and the list goes on and on. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!
It was the week of his birthday, but Dan had plenty to do! Deadlines are coming up at work, so he has needed to put in extra hours. On top of that, he started a class again for grad-school. Dan is a hard worker, that's for sure!
Well! I just caught Elena trying to choke Michael, so I've got to go. BYE!
Well! I just caught Elena trying to choke Michael, so I've got to go. BYE!