Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas vacation in San Jose

The drive coming in and out of San Jose was quite lovely, so we stopped to take a family picture on someone's property ;)

Gma Sue flew in from Boise so that we could all enjoy the vacation together at Gma Foulger's house.  We definitely took advantage of hiking in the green hills a few blocks away from the house. (I'm so grateful that the hills were green, as there has been a drought!) Grandma Sue had never been on that particular trail, and was grateful that we took her there.
orange and tangerine picking in the backyard.
Making cookies with Gma Foulger
Gma Foulger, Gma Sue, and Aunt Sharon
 It was fun to catch up with Aunt Sharon and her lego classes!  I hear that she's really great with the kids.  Gma Foulger graced us with her piano accompaniment at her ward's Christmas program.  She had been playing for the Christmas program for at least 20 years?!?!  I believe?!?!?!  She said that it's her last year to play, but we'll see, I don't know who will be able to fill those shoes.  And it great to see and hear Sharon and John in the choir as well.

I basically relaxed and went on walks, while Dan got to work!  He enjoyed installing a back-up camera in Gma Foulger's car.  I hope it still works!

We are grateful that Gma Sue flew over and we enjoyed spending time with her, Gma Foulger, John and Sharon.