Dan's got a midterm on Friday.
Which means, he needs to study. And it's kind of hard to study at home with the rest of us around.
Yes, he can stay behind at work. Yes, there ARE libraries around. Yes, Dan is spoiled.
(Now, now, Genny, the poor man has shingles, remember?)
But today, TODAY, I decided to be adventurous.
After talking to a couple of Brit's in the morning, wink wink, I spontaneously threw the kids in the car and drove for a long time. We traveled for 2.5 hours all the way to Hurricane Ridge, only to find that the access road was CLOSED MON-WED! What?!
This is how high we got:
A part of Hurricane Ridge poking out between the trees!
Only image it stretching far and wide! Imagine it, cause we had to!!!
I'm tempted to go back on Thursday.
So we kept driving west on Hwy 101 until we reached Lake Crescent,
which was a place on my bucket-list anyway. I'm grateful for a spontaneous Plan B.
We drove to the lodge and found ourselves alone. The water was pristine!
You know, as much as I loved it, the kids could have honestly been equally entertained at a park 5 minutes away from our house. In fact, amidst the beauty surrounding us, Elena suggested playing at McDonalds when we saw those golden arches. I'm just glad that they didn't complain too much about the long drive.
P.S. Crossing a bridge , I saw a herd of 20+ elk in a river. It was a glorious sight for that split second. I quickly pulled over, found a place to park, got the kids out, and walked to the view, only to find that they LEFT! I was so sad. When I see creatures like that in their habitat, I'm reminded that so much more goes on in this world. So much more than my bubble!
