Over the river and through the woods,
to Mark and Anne's house we go!!!
Ha! We really did! We crossed the Columbia River from Washington to Oregon, drove through forest and arrived at Dan's Aunt and Uncle's house near Portland.
Since Dan was away in Misery, I mean Missouri, I decided to make a little getaway myself. (I'm sure Missouri is a nice place, I really have never been there, I just currently don't want that type of change.) I'm really grateful that Mark and Anne so willingly opened their house to us for a couple of days. And I'm grateful for their patience with my at-times screaming children. They are good people! Elena and Michael got to play with "second cousins" (I think?) Marin and Oliver. Elena now says she wants to live in Portland because she likes playing on Uncle Mark's exercise machine (the abs one).
We got to spend a day in Cannon beach with my friend Suzanne, and her two kids. It was a beautiful day! I think it peaked at 57 degrees. (Which seems cold, but it really feels like summer if you wear a light sweater, OK?!)
That was some beautiful sand, enjoyed by all for hours. And the waves were so different compared to those in Southern California. They just kept rolling in, one right behind the other.
Elena was playmates with Audrey when she was 1-2 years old. They used to play at the park and at each other's houses when we lived in our Renton apt. Though Elena did not remember Audrey, they played really well together!
Oh Suzanne, had it really been 2 years since our last visit? She was so glad this popped up. She had an overwhelming last week, and really needed a little getaway. Hurray!

