Dan had a final paper to finish up in April. So this was a win win opportunity for him to be alone and for me to go on a ROAD TRIP! And a fun road trip it was! The kids were wonderful troopers. I'd like to thank our dear tablet for zoning my kids out for a few hours at a time. :) What made the trip enjoyable was making enough stops to stretch our legs and enjoy the land around us. Spring was good to us.
Spring is a beautiful time to go to Idaho! We actually enjoyed being outside. :)
Oh there were so many people to see in Utah, I'm sad I only had a couple of days! It happened to snow on the day we went to Provo which I thought was a bummer but the kids LOOOOOVED it. I wanted to go on a hike in Utah, but decided against it because of the snow. Boooo.
I didn't bring a good quality camera, so I videoed snippets instead. Enjoy!
Day 1: Drove to Boise. Day 2-4 spent the weekend touring Boise with Dan's momma . Day 5: drove to Rigby, ID and spent the day with the McClellans. Day 6: drove through a wind storm down to Provo, UT to attend a Russian choir concert and see dear faces from my mission. Day 7: spent half a day at BYU, reminiscing and realizing how old I've gotten (cause everyone else looks so young!),
got a tour at the new KBYU station with Uncle Mark, and had lunch with
Mark, Sherrie, and Megan. Then I headed north and spent time with
Dianne and fam, then Sasha and fam. Day 8: Visited with Geno's
fam and we walked around temple square, then I took the kids to see Gpa
Quin and Gpa Foulger's gravesites. Then we gather's back at Geno's and I saw old college friends that I haven't seen in almost a decade! Day 9: drove back to Boise, stopping at Shoshone Falls along the way. Dan flew in that night. Day 10-11 Dan and I saw Sue's Choral performance in downtown Boise, and of course Dan tinkered around the house. Day 12: we drove back to Seattle, stopped at a lake to brake up the drive, and finished our road trip with a car wash. :)