Tuesday, April 7, 2015

General Conference Weekend

This weekend we enjoyed watching General Conference up near Bellingham, WA.  Another family invited us to join them at their parents' house near a lake.  On our way up, I decided to show Dan Fort Ebey, since he didn't come with me last time.  Para-gliders were jumping off the bluff.


As we continued on the road, we got a flat tire and didn't have a spare.  I panicked on the outside, while Dan panicked on the inside.  I went into the gas station store and asked if anyone knew where we could get a spare tire.  This very nice and intoxicated man exclaimed, "Shoot, I'll give you my spare!"  It wasn't the right size, so then he directed me to this spray.  Dan didn't think we needed two bottles..."but the man told me to buy two!!!"  Dan then fixed the flat, and we were on our way.

We had such wonderful hosts, and I'm so glad they invited us up there.  In between sessions, we enjoyed eating good food together, going on a nice hike, and playing on/near the lake.
General Conference was mostly enjoyed.  Normally when we watch it at home, we just let the kids play and run around.  But we were trying to be sensitive to those around us and kept taming the children to play quietly.  Elena got tired of that toward the end. 

Do I look like a grown-up to you?  I can't be that reverent for that long, okay?!
(I'd rather not say what she really said, and this pic is not from the trip, hehe)
Other than that, we enjoyed listening to the prophet and apostles speak.  I am so grateful for their direction in these latter days.  I hope our children will gain an increasing testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

On our way back, we detoured a little and drove by the blooming tulips.  Elena and Dan jumped out, while I stayed in the car with the sleeping children.
The End!

P.S.

This is totally random, but I just curiously googled flower fields and found gorgeous fields all over the globe, and I'd like to share these canola flower fields from China.  Wow!  Let's go there!!!