Wow! I can't believe I hadn't blogged in so long! That is not of me! Since our last post, I went to the Goodwill more times than I can count as we downsized in preparation for our move. I negotiated with our old landlord to have us move out Aug 15th in hopes that our new place would be ready. I thought we could save some money by not giving rent to two landlords. However, the new place wasn't quite ready, so we threw our stuff in a storage unit and went on a road trip to Canada for a week. Epic road trip! We slept at campsites with showers (thank goodness) and hiked almost everyday. The kids were troopers, and everyone was exhausted as we drove back to the Emerald City. Ooooohh CAAAAAnadaaaaa! You are a beautiful country!
Highlights:
- Running behind a waterfall at Wellsgray Park
- Watching salmon jump up the river at Mt Robson
- Playing in Yellowhead Lake
- Taking a tram, and then hiking to the summit in Jasper National Park (glorious views)
- Driving down Icefield parkway
- Peyto Lake and Lake Louise in Banff
- Small hike at Glacier National Park (after watching a show about BEARS in the visitors center)
- Eating a gross about of granola bars along with whatever we could find along the way