Let me catch up a bit and write about random happenings around here.
Once upon a time, I actually walked to Elena's busstop instead of drive. And we would sometimes take the beachway back to the house. That was fun. But it got cold and my body ached. However, Michael recently asked to walk to the busstop. He even said something like, "I have a jacket, I'm not cold." Well, it hasn't been done yet, but let's look at this photo from a couple of months ago. ;)
Dan has started the tradition of making french toast on most Saturdays. The kids love it and enjoy making it with him. I swear they taste almost like glazed donuts. Dessert for breakfast every weekend!
Shhhh, don't tell Elena, because she feels left out when we do ANYTHING while she is at school, but every week or two I take Michael and Cora to Seattle's City Center and attend the children's museum. In December, the center had a huge village and train display, and Michael got to power the train for a few minutes.
Starting January, church starts for us at 1pm, so we have a lot of time on our hands in the morning. One morning Elena decided to sell a couple of items, a yard sale if you will, but with 3 random toys she didn't want anymore. I reminded her that we don't sell or buy things on Sundays, but she simply responded by saying that she'll only sell to people that don't believe! HA! She fortunately didn't get any customers.
Tourism. We aren't very touristic these days, but on one school holiday, I took the kids to random places, one of them being the Fremont Troll (under the Fremont bridge). Honestly I worry about taking the kids there, because I'm pretty sure people do drugs there, and I don't want my kids to pick up random things. But anyway, we went and that was that. Elena climbed it, but Michael and Cora wanted nothing to do with it.
One weekend I got to spend time with my friends Lisa and Erich! And my "godson" Noah! (It's a tradition in their family, though we're not Catholic. And I don't think I'm a good "Godmother", so they should fire me....) I last saw them when Lisa and I were pregnant. Did you know that both Noah and Cora were born on 7/7/14? True story. Lisa's brother Brent and his wife Emily let me stay with them, which was so kind. Who knows when we'll see each other again!
And the latest happening was Michael and Elena caught the stomach bug. They both woke up puking minutes from each other. Here Elena is giving the play by p1ay:

No comments:
Post a Comment