I can't believe how fast time is flying! Summer starts tomorrow! Elena's last day of kindergarten will be this Friday. And then I won't be a slave to a schedule for a month and some before Junior arrives in August.
We've lived here since Aug 2015 and I haven't introduced you to the neighbor kids. We've got Hattie (age 3) and Elsa (almost 5). Their parents were oh so kind and crazy enough to let us live in their MIL cottage, which is on their property. Yup, these kids play with each other all the time. When I tell Michael that we are looking to buy a house and move, he tells me that he "wants to live here forever." Sorry kid. We can't live in a 600 sqft home forever. Don't dare us!
Speaking of Michael, he might start preschool next year 5 days/week (something I only did with Elena once a week). His speech is improving a ton, but talking to a speech therapist, preschool is recommended. This city program is super cheap and I'll find out this next week if he gets in. Though I'll be sad seeing him go off so soon, it might be for the best since my attention will be going to the new baby.
As the spring weather warmed up, I've enjoyed going on walks on the beach with Cora in the stroller and Michael zipping along on a balance bike. He's such a sweet kid. He can get frustrated if he feels that I'm not listening to him when he talks to me, so I need to be better at acknowledging what he says. He loves playing with kids, but definitely is cautious around new people. I sure do love him!
P.S. That pic above is us making freezer jam (strawberry). It's Soooooooo goooooood.
Elena just had her last t-ball game and she really enjoyed it. It was super low key and fun to learn something new. Her friend Corbin (from school) invited her to join. Those two are school buddies, not crushes (thank goodness.) Elena still enjoys art. She works on creative projects often. She also likes to push boundaries with her parents.... She's just testing the waters and often succeeds. Dan has read a lot of parenting books this last year. :) Of course she has a very thoughtful and sweet side and we sure do love her too!
And Cora Cora Cora! She is not a baby anymore! She has become Miss Independent and already scared us by running into the street a couple of times. It's a good thing our street is pretty quiet, but STILL. Heart attack. She babbles quite a bit and is already saying a few words. She is still the best sleeper. She has learned to climb out of her pack n play, so we gated her in her cubby. We'll see how long that lasts!
And yes, my body is ever growing, and no, I don't want you to see me. I'm already walking like a penguin.
Here is a complilation of clips for your viewing pleasure. Thank you Spring! You were much better than Winter.







No comments:
Post a Comment