Saturday, November 5, 2016

Charlie newborn part 2

After my wonderful hospital experience, I was discharged on Saturday, came home around noon, and then said goodbye to Dan, Elena, Michael, and Cora.  That's right, they were gone by 2pm.  They hit the road to Boise, ID to stay with Grandma Sue while I recouped in peace.

People thought this was all a little weird.  "What, you are not going to get any help?"  "You are going to be all alone?"

Let me tell you, after cooking and cleaning for a family of 5 day in and day out, taking care of Charlie and myself was sooooo nice.  The house stayed clean and I ate simply. The only thing I had to worry about was Charlie and myself.  I slept when he slept.  I finished watching the Gilmore Girls series.  I read Memoirs of a Geisha.

IT WAS LIKE A 2 WEEK VACATION!!!!  There was a point in week 1 that I started to get bored, but that got fixed with nearby friends.


And then before I knew it, they were back!

P.S.  Thank you Grandma Sue for taking them in!  Looks like you had a great time! 

No comments: