Tuesday, May 9, 2017

New house

Well it's been a while that I wrote some thoughts so let's see.  We have now lived in this home for 2 months.  We love the house.  It's a great size for our family.  Great house!  I'm still getting used to the new location.  City life-- West seattle is all expensive now, but it encompasses a ton of wealth and some poverty.  We live closer to the poverty section, yet we are still not far from the rich.  But I can feel the difference.  Though the tiny cottage we lived in was small, it was surrounded by million dollar homes.  We may have suffered a bit indoors, but not outdoors.  Now it's the other way around.  So we are readjusting our norm-glasses in our current area. :)

It looks like our kids will be in a school which is ranked low in terms of test scores.  The positive thing is it offers a dual language program in spanish.  So we are going to try it out and see how the kids do.  I have had a lot of anxiety about this!  When looking for a house, my mantra was: It has to be in a good school district!  But guess what, in the end, we didn't do it.  We are now trying to believe that our kids will succeed anyways.  So we will be experimenting on them.  Our guinea pigs.

To prepare them for spanish immersion, we have our own spanish lessons at home.  Sometimes it's just through youtube, memorizing words through songs, and me just speaking AT them.  They don't understand me quite yet.  Experimenting, experimenting!

We've already had two visiting parties.  First The Wayments stayed with us for a few days in their preparation to move here for work.  Then Grandma Sue came for a few days.  What a difference more space makes!  It makes guest accommodations less stressful.  Yay!  So come visit!

This homeowner business is causing us to adjust to a higher cost of living, yikes!  We must discipline ourselves and budget like never before.  I wish I liked budgeting.  We never really budgeted before because we lived way below our means, but not anymore, not anymore.  AHHHHH!

What else.  Spring is turning into Summer, I can feel it!  I will always welcome warmth and light in the Pacific Northwest!




No comments: