I kind of became sedentary since the late Fall, and so I was making resolutions to be more active. I thought that maybe Dan could be the person that would hold me accountable. Then I thought, maybe He should exercise with me too! We tried it a couple of times, doing squats and sit ups and stuff. We even used our free trial YMCA passes. It was fun, but Dan doesn't really exercise so that soon died.
Elena's close friend turned 9 and Elena was invited to go fake "skydiving" at IFLY Seattle.
I put Cora in ballet again. (I tried last year, but she could care less about it then.) She is really into it now and it's cute to see her eagerly participate and follow directions.
I don't remember when this began, but when Cora started sucking her thumb, she also started scratching her nose raw. We have since stopped that habit by sewing gloves onto her pajama sleeves.
This is a random picture. One- The kids had friends over and I was surprised to find all the kids looking at books. It was strangely and pleasantly quiet. Two- I also experimented with the couch and put it in the middle of the room for a few weeks. I have since moved it back.
Michael sang "You are my sunshine" with his class at school. That kid can sing loud and clear. :)
I got to go with Elena to the "Snow White Ballet" downtown with the 2nd grade. It was really cool. Sometimes I wonder why we put our kids in a low ranked school, but then this happens, and I slightly feel better. HA!
Here are some Instagram pictures with thoughts:
I am proudly modeling this west elm couch that I bought used for $25! Mr. Money Mustache would be so proud. And this time it doesn't smell like pee!
And yet we've spent 100s on pull-ups. We are tired of training and she doesn't want the fairy that badly.
Elena complained about going to the library one particular day, so I punished her by not letting her check out any books. While there, Michael came up to me and said, "Mom, I want to learn how to make perfume. Elena is finding a book for me..."
Got Milk? In a shop vac after you dropped a gallon and it exploded as it hit the floor?!!!
"Captain Underpants. Let's save the day!" So...do you read all the books your kids check out from the library? I don't, but maybe I should... (P.S. Cora is now in underwear, and despite the puddle in the garage today, she really has made quite the progress.)
The other day I was talking to a group of women, and one mentioned going to or coming from Paris, I don't remember. In my mind I was thinking Paris, Idaho or Paris, France, but I asked, "Paris the city or the country?". Blank stares. I can't remember who witnessed this conversation, but I just want to share my college graduation picture with you.
-Dan volunteered in Elena's class on Valentine's Day. (Elena is in a dual-language Spanish program). The kids were counting candy hearts by 10s. Dan asked how many 10s there were. One kid said 70.
- Dan corrected, "No, 17" The kid seemed confused, so Dan asked, "How do you say 17 in Spanish?"
-The kid, "diecisiete." (17)
-Dan replied, "No, that's SEVENTY. How do you say sevenTEEN?"
-It's okay Dan. Just keep volunteering.
"If you want to change the world go home and love your family" Mother Theresa.
Another quote of hers I like is, "the problem with our world is that we draw the circle of family too small.
Conversation with my sister Debbie this morning. I've been diagnosed!
Hmm hmm hmm lalala
There's no going back now! Here's a tip though, find out how much it's going to REALLY cost before you commit, cause ouch.
It's been over a decade since I've lived in Russia and it's all becoming a dream. I am forgetting the language and that is sad to me. Can I revive it? But there will always be fond memories, borsht, and occasionally a straw.





No comments:
Post a Comment