Today Dan and I went on a bike/walking path and picked blackberries! Watch out, they are protected by mean thorns. But we picked a ton! Blackberries are everywhere in the Seattle area. Even "blackberry weed killer" is sold so that they don't overtake other plants. Crazy. We made a version of muesli and it was delicious!
Today was our first day at church with the new ward. We like it. It's a smaller ward, so I imagine we'll get to know people well. This ward is unique in that most of the members are converts. Our bishop has only been a member for 6 years, and he is AWESOME! I really felt the spirit when I heard him share his feelings about the primary. I'm always shy when starting in a new place, but give me time, and BAM--I change. I just need to get myself comfortable. Here is a view of the lake from the church parking lot. Pretty cool huh!
To be honest, I have not been the most positive about being here, and that is terrible on my part. There were a couple of things that came to my surprise, one big one--that there are quite a few busy roads around us that are NOT biker friendly. So yeah, my attitude was not the best with that. But I need to stop being so picky. No murmering. My mom would call us girls "Lamana and Lemuela" when we complained. Don't worry, I am recognizing this within myself and am trying to refrain. Especially because there are so many positives (Amazing internship with russian and spanish speaking opportunities, beautiful land with nice scenic bike paths)
On to Daniel, he will soon be employed with some great employer yet to be found. TBA. He just found a candy store. It's called "Performance bike". There we purchased fenders to keep us from getting rain streaks on our behinds. Dan spent hours installing them... oh yeah along with cool bells! Dan has been a really great example to me of having faith and being patient. Now that we are real adults with bigger living expenses, I got nervous that he didn't find a job yet. But he has the faith that it will work out, and he is trying his best. I just was amazed with his calmness. I needed a calm man. I'm pretty sure God new that. Dan's babies:
Until next time!
5 comments:
haha! This post made me laugh, my Mom would have probably call me and my sisters Lamana and Lemuela too, as we always moaned and cried all day when we got sick. I think that is really neat that you are both into riding bikes. I tried to ride a bike a few months back and only got down the street and almost died from exhaustion! It's hard, you have to be really strong! See I complain too much...haha. sorry for the novel.
Genny! Hey girl! I found your blog when I saw that someone had gotten to our four white mothers blog from yours... haha :) You live in Seattle? Cool! I hope you love it! The northwest is fantastic!
Loved the "candy store" (pun intended but not about by me;) that Dan found and it was a bike store! Made me laugh right out loud in the non loud allowing computer lab.
Sorry about the adjustment. It'll turn out great! Just you wait. And years later you'll be able to say, "Yes kids sometimes things take getting used too. When your father and I first moved to Seattle...(Insert moving, yet non-sappy poignant and wise experience)."
Can't wait to visit. LU
Hey I just wanted to tell you guys we went private with our blog, and I don't have your email address so that I can invite you. So if you would like an invite to our blog too, just email me at
Christyeve2001@hotmail.com
Thanks! Would love to hear from you!
Post a Comment