Monday, June 7, 2010

28th B-Day, Leavenworth, Elena 8 months

Wow, what a weekend!  Friday, we had Lisa spend the night so that we could go on an EARLY (6:30am) morning session to the temple.  It's been a long time since we've gone together.  So it was very nice and the spirit felt so good.  (Though, due to the earliness,  I did yawn quite a bit and my head bobbed to sleep for a second).

Then, THEN, we all hopped in the car and drove drove drove to Leavenworth, WA.  It's a cute Bavarian town (the closest to Switzerland that we'll ever get to...sigh--it was nice talking to you Erichhhhhh--)   Afterward, we took a flat hike along the river and enjoyed nature in its finest!

 click on pix for close up:
On Sunday,  I slept in big time and almost didn't make it to church (thanks Lisa for getting us!)  After church, Dan surprised me with a yummy dish of bison (what?  that's right--buffalo), veggie kabobs and yummy fried rice.  Very thoughtful-- apparently, bison is rich in iron, something my body lacks.

Lisa (along w/ Charles and Kelly) then brought over an apple pie, and gave us tickets to the Pacific Science Center! (she gets major hook-ups; a perk for volunteering!)  Then Dan surprised me with a salt shaker, because I accidentally threw out our old one.  Very thoughtful indeed!  (though I admit I looked at him funny when he said, 'surprise!'  But we all know that I am mean sometimes.  only sometimes, right? hehe....he)

Oh yeah, and Dan dropped Elena.  He finally learned his lesson to not twirl her around.  Don't worry for Elena; she is not injured.  Don't worry for Dan; I held in my wrath--though I zapped him with my eyes.   Here she is 8 mo!  Crawling, climbing to her feet, eating cords and paper with her 8 teeth... occasionally biting mommy... oh the joy... (oh but we adore her!)
That evening I went to the seminary students' graduation, and I admit, my eyes started to water.  The youth are growing up!  sniff, sniff.  I'm going to lose it when my own leave the house, I'm sure.  So is life.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

HOW FUN! I miss you a lot boo hoo hoo! XOXOXOOXOXOX Elena is SOOO BIG! and great job dan... matt's done that too LOL...

Christy said...

Glad you guys were able to get out and enjoy nature and also go to the temple. That is always so hard to do when you have kids...or three! ;) Elena is such a doll. Tell Dan not to feel too bad, a few months ago I wasn't watching Emily very good and she fell off our bed. I felt pretty bad, horrible in fact. Glad she is OK!

kim said...

Seems like Washington has many gorgeous places to go and you are in it.
love,love,love seeing Elena smile!
I surely enjoyed being with her....
Thousands kisses to Elena!

Dan,That dish looks like yumcious!