Wednesday, November 17, 2010

what's your zombiemaker?

I am amazed how my brain goes lifeless the moment I type "facebook" on the internet.  I am beginning to hate facebook.  I can't hide from it.  Even if I deactivate it, it doesn't actually delete for 90 days!  So then I reactivate it.  It turns me into a zombie. 

It definitely has its benefits.  It's a great way to contact people that you can easily lose touch with.  And that truly is a wonderful thing.  For example, I saw a dear Russian friend on chat, and was able to connect with her on SKYPE and actually have a real conversation.  So facebook can be good.

But the moment I start clicking on pictures "click, click, click", I seriously am warped into a zombie:  Lifeless. apathetic.  Getting dumber. No purpose.  Just clicking. For a long time sometimes. And for some reason, I get depressed.  Probably because I accomplished nothing. Learned nothing. Wasn't truly stimulated.  Really didn't have meaningful connections with people.

It's too easy to turn on my computer and do this routine when I am not pressed for time.  What a pity.  There are so many good books to read, skills to gain, and real-life locals to interact with.

I guess I don't really hate facebook in itself.  I hate how I automatically glance at facebook daily and by glancing, I sometimes get sucked into zombie-mode.  So I'm setting the goal to only open it once a week.  Wish me luck.

Beware of your zombie-makers!  Life is too short.

4 comments:

kim said...

Internet has three things;
"Good and bad and ugly"

Kim said...

I've done the same. I enjoy getting so many other things done now! Good luck - you can dooo it!

The McClellan Family said...

COME TO SUMNER!!! COME TO SUMNER!!!

SupaFlowaPowa said...

word.