Friday, March 18, 2011

If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.

Our current 72 our kit.  evaluation--needs improvement
I'd hate to be a pessimist, but with all of these devastating natural disasters, I thought--why ARE we living at the footstool of a volcano!??!  
Call me crazy, but I found this clip on what would happen if Mt. Rainier erupted:
It might be crazy to move away at this time, but it is NOT crazy to be prepared. 
Here is Sumner's evacuation route:
For tips on general emergency preparedness, click HERE



2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yeah, we need to get on the ball with that too! We have some of the stuff, other stuff we don't....but none of it is organized for a real emergency. Another thing I was told to do as a precaution, and thought was smart, is to keep your gas tank at least 1/2 full at all times. You don't really want to be the person stuck at the pump in long lines or with no gas left. You want gas so you can get in the car and get out of there as fast as you can, before all the roads are jammed!

I agree, no need to worry IF you prepare. There is some type of a disaster that could happen anywhere, so really nowhere is "safe". But worrying does no good.

kim said...

Emergency kit is just practice of preparedness and awareness like going to pre-natal class before you have baby.
But, when you have painful symptoms you know soon you will have baby.

I think...,

Mother earth shows so many symptoms and warning before disaster comes.
We often ignore ourselves and create our own problem: nuclear activity, build the houses in; earthquake lines,low land in beach area and volcanic area.
What about physical disaster? Don't we have waring?
Too much food..Too much drink and smoke..
too much depend on medicine...
What about spiritual warning?
So many times we do not listen small still voices.. even we have an answer in our heart.....