Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Cottage update: Downstairs living room transformation



It’s about time that I update you all about life in the 550 sqft cottage.  We are still here.  We’ve almost hit our 1.5 year anniversary.  And we told our landlords that we would only be here “6 months at the most”, HA!  I’m sure they’ve learned their lesson! (They have been most gracious, and we will forever be grateful to them.)

So let me share the transformation of the downstairs living room.  It started out with 2 camp pads stacked against the wall and covered so that it would look like a… floor couch during the day?  Question mark?  Why?  Because mom and dad did not want to sleep upstairs with the kids, that’s why!
 

It worked! 

We would spread the camp pads at night, and voila!  Our living room turned into mom and dad’s bedroom.  And then it started to get old.   I had to put it back into living room mode every morning.  Sitting criss cross applesauce on the “floor couch” was slightly uncomfortable as well.  But we were trying to be optimistic!  It was still livable!  And then winter came.  We were still working on the heating situation and it got pretty chilly on the floor.
Sooooo… we ended up bringing the camp pads upstairs with the children after all.  And we threw a double camp chair into our updated living room!


It worked! 

Until I got pregnant and couldn’t take sleeping on a camp pad anymore.  I wanted a couch.  A couch to lounge on.  So after a particularly difficult week, I broke down and bought a couch.  What a difference a couch makes!!!  Sing with me now!
Worth every penny.
 The end. 

Oh, and then Charlie was born a few months later...
Couches are so useful!

No comments: