Charlie, 6 months, right before we moved from the cottage.
Look at that smile!
Wow, we have had one wet month! Ever since we moved, I think we've had only a couple of sunny days. Groooooss! However, this house has a lot of natural light coming in through the windows, so it hasn't been depressing. We are still working on getting a dining table (we left the other one behind in the cottage), and Dan and I need to get a bed so we can sleep together like normal married people. That's normal, right? ha. We are still sleeping on couches.
It is really bizarre going from 550 sqft to 2000. It is so big to us. We are thinking of going back to small-house living by camping in the basement and renting out the upstairs in the summer. The nice thing about home ownership is that you can experiment with these kind of things. The downside of home ownership is you feel tethered, grounded, and now you are responsible for things breaking, and many years of mortgage payments.
We will miss the Eltons. By living on their property with them, we have developed a wonderful friendship. Our kids ran back and forth between the two houses often. You can't beat that!
Still, the kids have adjusted well to their new abode. It helps that they have each other. They are still going to their current elementary school. It will be sad to leave that school. It's a great school. Switching to a Title 1 school will be an adjustment, however, we would rather the kids go to a local school, so that's the decision we made for the next year.
I joined Instagram. I can post and document pictures and videos a lot quicker. Since joining, I've posted at least 2 times a week, which is a lot better than once in a blue moon here. I will still blog, because it captures more of my thoughts, but instagram is really convenient.
No comments:
Post a Comment